Have you ever heard of fire doors? You may not know what they are, but you’ve seen them before.
Fire doors are the large, metal doors that you see in schools, hospitals, and other public buildings. They’re usually painted red or have a red sign that says “FIRE DOOR” on them.
Fire doors are an important part of any building’s fire protection system. They’re designed to slow down the spread of fire and smoke so that people have more time to escape. They also keep the heat and flames from spreading to other building parts.
There are two types of fire doors: swinging and sliding.
Swinging fire doors open inward while sliding fire doors open. Both types of doors have a fire-resistant rating that tells you how well they protect against fire.
Fire doors come in various sizes and styles to fit any building. They can also be customized to match the decor of the building.
The benefits of fire doors are:
- Slowing down the spread of fire and smoke
- Keeping the heat and flames from spreading
- Available in various sizes and styles
- Can be customized to match the decor of the building
- Installed in schools, hospitals, and other public buildings.
As with any other type of door, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when using a fire door:
- Make sure the door is closed when the building is on fire.
- Don’t prop open the door with a chair or other object.
- Don’t try to go through a fire door if it’s blocked.
- Use the stairs, not the elevator, to evacuate a building during a fire.
Need Fire Door Installation Services in Las Vegas and the Surrounding Areas?
Contact Atlas Integrated Security. We are experts in fire door installation and can help your building meet safety code compliance.
Get in touch with us today for an estimate on our services.